2023 Virtual Speaker Showcase Opportunities Now Available…Registration is Open…Actual Dates at the Bottom of the Page
Individual speakers may showcase twice in 2023…once in the first six months and once again in the second six months of 2023
2023 Live Virtual Keynote Speaker Showcases
All participants will automatically become nominees for the Cigar PEG’s 2023 Virtual Speaker Hall of Fame, to be decided by association executive & other showcase attendees in early December 2023. Additionally, all showcase participants get their own directory page following their showcase at https://virtualspeakershalloffame.org/speaker-directory/ and to get this page, you must complete this Google Form: https://forms.gle/ZERjjHhYrbLerNdK9 – no form, no page! You will want to have a directory page because we promote the directory at a number of societies of association executives.
You can view Past Showcases
- Six speaking slots are available at each showcase, with Dale Irvin offering a summary at the end.
- Speaking time is 8 minutes, which includes the reading of your introduction. Speakers going over-time will have their microphones muted at the 9-munute count.
- A speaker may showcase only twice in the year; once Jan-May and again once July-Nov.
- Rehearsal: Speaker needs to be available for rehearsal (actual dates listed below), a few days before the showcase & 10 minutes before on show day and then for an additional 60 minutes to complete the showcase.
- The showcases will be viewed live by association/society executives and also recorded for later viewing.
- Practice, Practice, and Practice some more. In two years of recording these showcases, it has become very apparent to the organizers who had practiced and who thought they could wing it. Most of the speakers that thought they could wing it, were unhappy with their showcase videos. >>>In 2023, if you think you can wing it, and come back to us asking for a re-do opportunity…we will work with you on a re-do…and it will also cost you an additional $200. Better to practice and be awesome the first time.
- All participants will have a nomination page, including your showcase video, at https://virtualspeakershalloffame.org/ for your own personal promotional purposes.
- All 2023 showcase participants will become 2023 Virtual Speaker Hall of Fame nominees with winners announced early December.
Important: Participation is first come, first served. Make your commitment to the project now. Please be sure, as you are reserving one of the very limited six showcase slots for the month you select.
We have tried to accommodate everyone, however change and transfer requests have gotten out of hand and, as such, are suspended.
(Ed feels guilty about constantly bugging volunteers for Website re-dos)
Therefore, if you cancel, you will forfeit your payment. So sorry, but payments will not be transferred to a different month or to another speaker.
- Pay button at bottom of page
- Non-Refundable, Non-Transferable Pre-Payment of:
- $399: Non-Cigar PEG Member
- $299: Cigar PEG Paid 2023 Member
- $199: Cigar PEG High Roller & 2023 Benefactor
- 8 minute talk (your intro is part of the 8 minutes)
- Select the correct payment amount
- Select at which showcase (date) you want to reserve your spot
- You can reserve up to 2 showcase spots in 2023…one in the first 6 months of the year and one in the second six months.
2023 Registration-Non-Transferable, Non-Refundable
$399: Non Member
$299: 2023 Paid Member
$199: High Roller & 2023 Benefactor
Use the below PayPal button. Be sure to select the correct payment amount and also the month in which you want to showcase.
Real Results for Speakers
I participated in the very first Cigar PEG Showcase and I’m so glad I did. Not only did I get an awesome video that I have shared with several hundred prospects and clients – which led to booking several speaking engagements, but I also closed one virtual speech at full fee and have had several other associations reach out to me. The engagement that I booked was in an industry that I would have never found on my own. The Cigar PEG showcase is a great way to promote yourself – not only to the attendees of the showcase, and the people who watch the recordings housed on the website, but you have one more video to share with your clients and prospects. As a speaker, you can NEVER have too much video! Thanks Ed, for the fantastic job you do in putting this together! -Lisa Ryan, CSP ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Ed! I booked a gig to do the Keynote at ASPE. Found out they heard about me because you recommended me in Association executives group. Thank you so much for the recommendation! I truly appreciate it.
Ed, I thought you should know, I just booked my first ever unsolicited gig…and it came from you. Terry Clemans, the Exec. Dir. Of the National Consumer Reporting Association reached out to me last Tuesday about keynoting at their national conference. I just received the executed agreement today. Not only is this the fastest I’ve ever booked a gig (1 week from initial contact to signed agreement), it is also the largest speaking fee I’ve earned to date. He emailed me last Tuesday asking about pricing and provided his number. Of course, I picked up the phone immediately. I uncovered that his industry is constantly facing regulatory changes and I offered my “Leading When Shift Happens” program. I was 50% more than the most he has paid in the past. We talked about a bulk book purchase and $1,000 in non-monetary compensation (video and stills) but he said he would still have to sell it to his board. However, he mentioned in conversation that he needs an MC. I’ve wanted to add an emcee to my offerings so I offered to throw that in and it clinched the deal. It will cost me an extra day but it’s worth it. At first, he couldn’t remember how he heard about me. He said something about an email from LinkedIn. That didn’t sound right so I asked if it was from you and he replied “Yes, I saw you listed on an email [showcase announcement] he sent out a few months ago with multiple speakers. I did not listen to the program, but that is how I found you.” – Dave Rosenberg ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Ed, Just wanted to let you know that we are signing up a speaker that I found on one of your showcases – Dr. G. Hopefully, the “G” is for great. Thank you, Dave David Sjolander VP HTNG Operations ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Being a part of the Cigar Peg Showcase was a valuable investment. I secured a client for 6 months of virtual sessions and a half-day live event next year! I also have irons in the fire with other planners that will develop over time. Huge win! Thanks, Jan Spence, CSP
Registered Speakers for Showcases
February 23, 2023 @ 9 AM Pacific Time
Rehearsal February 20, 2023 @ 9 AM Pacific Time
April 20, 2023 @ 9 AM Pacific Time
Rehearsal April 17, 2023 @ 9 AM Pacific Time
June 22, 2023 @ 9 AM Pacific Time
Rehearsal June 19, 2023 @ 9 AM Pacific Time
August 24, 2023 @ 9 AM Pacific Time
Rehearsal August 21, 2023 @ 9 AM Pacific Time
October 12, 2023 @ 9 AM Pacific Time
Rehearsal October 9, 2023 @ 9 AM Pacific Time
December 7, 2023 @ 9 AM Pacific Time
Rehearsal December 4, 2023 @ 9 AM Pacific Time