Virtual Speaker Showcases
2022 Live Virtual Keynote Speaker Showcases will be held every other month starting in January. The showcases will be presented on the first Thursday of Jan, March, May, July, Sept & Nov. at 9 AM Pacific Time (unless otherwise noted below)
All participants will automatically become nominees for the Cigar PEG’s 2022 Virtual Speaker Hall of Fame, to be decided by association executive & other showcase attendees in early December. You can view Past Showcases
- Six speaking slots are available at each showcase, with Dale Irvin offering a summary at the end.
- Speaking time is 8 minutes, which includes the reading of your introduction. Speakers going over-time will have their microphones muted at the 9-munute count.
- A speaker may showcase only twice in the year; once Jan-May and again once July-Nov.
- The upcoming showcase is January 6, 2022 at 9 AM Pacific time. >>>>>Rehearsal is Friday, December 31, 2021 at Noon Pacific Time. Speaker needs to be available for rehearsal & 10 minutes before on show day and then for an additional 60 minutes to complete the showcase.
- The showcases will be viewed live by association/society executives and also recorded for later viewing.
- All participants will have a nomination page, including your showcase video, at https://virtualspeakershalloffame.org/ for your own personal promotional purposes.
- A pre-showcase rehearsal & training session is recommended and will be held the previous Friday before each showcase at noon Pacific time.
- All showcase participants will become Virtual Speaker Hall of Fame nominees with winners announced early December.
- This is first come, first served. Make your commitment to the project now. You are reserving one of six showcase slots for the month you select. If you cancel, you will forfeit your payment. Payments will not be transferred to a different month showcase.
- Pay button at bottom of page…non-refundable Prepayment of:
- $99 for 2022 Cigar PEG Benefactor, High Roller, and Cigar PEG Staff members
- $149 for 2022 paid Cigar PEG members. Need to pay your 2022 membership? Click here
- $249 for Non-members
- 8 minute talk (your intro is part of the 8 minutes)
- Select the correct payment amount
- Select at which showcase (date) you want to reserve your spot (Jan, March, May, July, Sept or Nov.)
- You can reserve up to 2 showcase spots… one in the first 6 months of 2022 and one in the second six months.
2022 Registration (select which is correct for you)
>> $99 for 2022 Cigar PEG Benefactor, High Roller, and Cigar PEG Staff members
>> $149 for 2022 paid Cigar PEG members
>> $249 for Non-members
Real Results for Speakers
I participated in the very first Cigar PEG Showcase and I’m so glad I did. Not only did I get an awesome video that I have shared with several hundred prospects and clients – which led to booking several speaking engagements, but I also closed one virtual speech at full fee and have had several other associations reach out to me. The engagement that I booked was in an industry that I would have never found on my own. The Cigar PEG showcase is a great way to promote yourself – not only to the attendees of the showcase, and the people who watch the recordings housed on the website, but you have one more video to share with your clients and prospects. As a speaker, you can NEVER have too much video! Thanks Ed, for the fantastic job you do in putting this together! -Lisa Ryan, CSP ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Ed, I thought you should know, I just booked my first ever unsolicited gig…and it came from you. Terry Clemans, the Exec. Dir. Of the National Consumer Reporting Association reached out to me last Tuesday about keynoting at their national conference. I just received the executed agreement today. Not only is this the fastest I’ve ever booked a gig (1 week from initial contact to signed agreement), it is also the largest speaking fee I’ve earned to date. He emailed me last Tuesday asking about pricing and provided his number. Of course, I picked up the phone immediately. I uncovered that his industry is constantly facing regulatory changes and I offered my “Leading When Shift Happens” program. I was 50% more than the most he has paid in the past. We talked about a bulk book purchase and $1,000 in non-monetary compensation (video and stills) but he said he would still have to sell it to his board. However, he mentioned in conversation that he needs an MC. I’ve wanted to add an emcee to my offerings so I offered to throw that in and it clinched the deal. It will cost me an extra day but it’s worth it. At first, he couldn’t remember how he heard about me. He said something about an email from LinkedIn. That didn’t sound right so I asked if it was from you and he replied “Yes, I saw you listed on an email [showcase announcement] he sent out a few months ago with multiple speakers. I did not listen to the program, but that is how I found you.” – Dave Rosenberg ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Ed, Just wanted to let you know that we are signing up a speaker that I found on one of your showcases – Dr. G. Hopefully, the “G” is for great. Thank you, Dave David Sjolander VP HTNG Operations ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Being a part of the Cigar Peg Showcase was a valuable investment. I secured a client for 6 months of virtual sessions and a half-day live event next year! I also have irons in the fire with other planners that will develop over time. Huge win! Thanks, Jan Spence, CSP
Registered Speakers for Showcases
May 5 Tentative
September 1 Tentative
November 3 Tentative